Virtual reality faq

What is Virtual Reality (VR)?


Virtual Reality is a technology which immerses users fully into their experiences. Rather than watching on a screen, the user puts on a headset and holds controllers. Together allow users to become immersed into the virtual world whether it is fictional or based on the real-world.




What is unique about our VR lounge arcade?


Our VR headsets are state-of-the-art and require high powered PCs and the most advanced all in one headset, the Oculus Quest. This means more control and a room-scale play space. Room-scale play means you move in the real world, you move in the virtual world. All of this can be summed up as: instead of watching, you are truly part of the action!

Competitive or co-operative multiplayer options are also available!




I'm not a gamer - is VR for me?


Yes, there are VR applications for everyone. Aside from action-packed game experiences, there are 360° 3D movies and many immersive experiences. In an immersive experience you swim alongside whales, go on serene nature walks, or gaze at the northern lights - all at your own pace. Our VR Specialists will give you a brief tutorial upon your arrival, offer curated recommendations, and give you all the help you need during your visits.




What VR systems do you use?


Infusion Edutainment is currently equipped with 2 HTC Vive Pro Headsets, 3 HTC Vive VR Headsets, 2 Oculus Rift S, multiple Oculus Quests, and 2 Oculus Go units. We are working towards adding more headsets to our lounge as more VR products emerge.




How do I book a session at Infusion Edutainment?


You can book online on our "Prices and Booking" page, over the phone, via email, or in person. Due to the number of walk-ins we receive, advance bookings require a 20% deposit that will be used towards your total price. The remaining 80% will be due upon arrival.

We happily accept drop-in visitors, but we cannot guarantee availability without a booking. Please arrive 10 minutes in advance of your booking to ensure time for our VR Specialists to provide a brief demonstration about the system and gameplay.




How does the pricing work?


Our services are priced by 30 minute and one hour time intervals. 5-10 minute demos are available as well. All prices are flat rates and can be divided by the number of people in your party. Click here to see prices.




How many people can participate at the same time?


Our lounge is set up to accommodate 8 VR players at a time. However, we can hosts groups up to 30 people. Local multiplayer is available.

In our Casual and VIP Rooms groups take turns using one headset while the others view on comfortable couches. This can be a great way to experience VR for the first time as viewers can support those in the headset. Often we hear the entire groups laughing alongside the players as they view the action.




If I host a birthday party or event, can Infusion Edutainment come to my location?


Yes! We are completely mobile and can bring our services to your door. We can even set up at a beach or park! All that is required is a large enough play area. Please contact us for more details.




Can I cancel or reschedule a booking?


Cancellation Policy: 100% refund if cancelled at least 48 hours prior to the reservation. No refunds to cancellations within 48 hours of the reservation. Yes, you can. 100% of the paid amount will be transferred to your next booking time if rescheduled at least 48 hours prior to the reservation. 50% of the paid amount will be transferred to your next booking time if rescheduled within 48 hours prior to the reservation. Reschedule or cancel your booking in person, over the phone, or via email.




Can I wear my prescription glasses?


Yes! Most glasses will fit in the headsets; however, larger frames may not fit. Some find it comfortable with glasses and others do not. If possible we recommend you wear contact lenses.




Will VR cause motion sickness?


Most people do not experience motion sickness, certain experiences are more likely to cause this effect, such as: roller coasters or flying experiences. We are happy to make recommendations which are unlikely to cause this feeling and our menus clearly mark experiences more prone to cause these feelings.





Learn more about Infusion Edutainment:

Infusion Edutainment VR Lounge

514 Fort Street 

Downtown Victoria, BC 

Hours of operation:

              Mon:  12:00pm - 6:00pm

              Tues: 12:00pm - 6:00pm

              Wed:  12:00pm - 6:00pm

            Thurs: 12:00pm - 6:00pm

                 Fri: 12:00pm - 8:30pm

                Sat: 12:00pm - 8:30pm

               Sun: 12:00pm - 6:00pm

Please find some stories about our work with local businesses below:

 

Downtown Victoria

Van Isle Con

The Bay Centre

Tourism Victoria

Hello BC

Victoria Chamber

Chek News

Vancouver Island South Film and Media Convention

  • Facebook
  • Twitter